Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wijk aan Zee

Friday dawned a beautiful bright day.  A few clouds in the sky, but the forecast was for mostly sunny and a high of 21C {70F}.  A friend from church had asked me the week before if I would like to go to the beach with them if it was nice weather.  I of course said yes! :)

The beach was pretty empty when we got there around 11am, but it filled in nicely as the day went on.  Before I knew it, it was 4pm already and time for us to be leaving.  Which in hindsight was a good thing, since I was starting to glow a little bit more then I like!  Thankfully the burn doesn't hurt, just the perpetual itch that I get from the sun, even though it is quite red/pink in spots!

I didn't take too many pictures, I was too busy lounging on the beach chair, trying to avert my eyes from the one thing I forgot about European beaches ... the topless women.  Thankfully there were only one or two, and they were spotted as we walked back from the little lunch bistro, and weren't within our eyesight!

The tractor that randomly went down the beach

Becky and the boys heading down to collect shells from the waters edge



what a vast majority of the beach was made up of, when you were close to the water





Click here if you want to see all the pictures I've taken, other then Keukenhoff, since we've been in the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment