Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 4 retrospective!

WOW!! I can't believe we have been here two days shy of a month already! Time Flies!!

Aaron left on Wednesday afternoon to Germany again.  Since he wasn't going to be back till Friday mid day, I couldn't go with.  Matt & Karen were showing up on Friday morning.  It wasn't fun being here alone, but I survived.  :)

Wednesday I went down to the Centrum again and wandered around the stores on Kalverstraat.  Some are weird and some are normal.  I still haven't come across any shoes that I find particularly worth the Euros they ask for them, so my search will continue on!  Thursday I cleaned up the apartment, did some more laundry and some groceries.  I didn't really head out anywhere, was content to just stay sitting on the couch soaking up the sunshine through the nice big windows!

Friday morning I left here around 7:10 to catch the tram and then train down to Schiphol airport.  Turns out I took the train from Station Rai to the airport for free, because I can't read Dutch and didn't understand that my pass just doesn't work on that system.  (As we were leaving, I found out that it was the wrong ticket, and we had to buy some!)  Matt & Karen landed early, but it was about 40 to 45 minutes before they came from behind security.

Once we were back at the apartment and they had a chance to settle in a bit, we decided to go for a walk, before they took a bit of a nap.  We headed off to Sarphatipark, which is about two blocks away from our place.  I hadn't been there yet, it was on my list of places to go though!  They have some beautiful little ponds and water fountains.

 


Saturday we had reserved a car again, and headed out for parts unknown.  We drove up through Alkmaar, stopped in Schagen, and had some yummy pastries.  We then headed off towards Enkhuizen and wandered the fishing village, and enjoyed a very yummy dinner! :)  We then left as the sun was setting, and took off across the dike to Lelystad.  By the time we got the other side it was dark, so we carried on back to Amsterdam and our beds.












I'm just working on adding the rest of the pictures to the site, and will post the link as soon as they are up!

I hope everyone has (had) a great Sunday!

Hugs!






No comments:

Post a Comment